Thursday, December 8, 2011

1st WK REVIEW

So, I went to the gym at lunch during work every day last week! That's a great start for me. I only did cardio for 10 minutes on one day, but at least I had a great start. I have to do cardio when I get home from work, that's just the fact. As much as I want to do it at lunch, I just can't.

The good thing about the type of workout I'm doing is that I don't rest for more than 1 minute between sets. So by the time I'm done with my first 3 sets of the first exercise, I'm sweatin' and my heart rate is up. I try to keep my heart rate as high as I can by just lifting, so I'm pretty happy about that. I lost 4 pounds since I started and am now at 219. I have to do cardio on its own in order to keep the weight off and be able to continue to lose weight. This will be tough for me cause my knee has been trippin'. Doesn't matter though cause regardless of if my knee is in good shape or bad, I have to get this done!

I bought creatine and protein powder today (Saturday). I'm a believer in creatine as it has worked for me in the past. Protein shakes are awesome cause they pretty much just feeds your muscles! The bad thing about protein shakes is that it makes my stomach feel kinda bloated and it makes me fart a lot...BOOOOOOOOOO! Whatever, lol.

Next week I have to make time when I get home from work to get this cardio in!

Overall, I feel good and I feel strong for just kinda getting back into it. If I know me, I'll start to see changes next week and mentally, I'll like what I see and it will increase the intensity of my workouts! I usually get pretty intense when working out and that's one of the things I have going for me. I love the fight between me and the weight. I've lost my share of fights with the weights and I've won my share. But, I love it cause I know that if I don't go hard in the weight room, I'll embarrass myself.

Good week, now lets get to week 2!




No comments:

Post a Comment