Thursday, December 8, 2011

DAY 4 ARMS

Thursday October 27, 2011

Today I did arms. I started off by going to the smith machine and putting on 1 plate on each side and dropping the bar as low as the machine will go. I hold the bar with a reverse grip and don't start off doing reverse curls, but I bring the bar up to my lower chest using my biceps rather than my back. I feel like this works my bicep, my forearm and a little bit of my front shoulder. I'm not trying to be super strict with this exercise, but am trying to really get the blood pumping to my biceps...I did 20 reps.

From the smith machine, I went to the dumbbells and grabbed some 25's just to continue my warm-up just a bit more. I think I did 15 reps of standing dumbbell curls. After that, I started working. I grabbed some 40's and did 4 sets 12-15 reps of standing dumbbell curls. When I do my right arm, I lean over to the right side so that I'm able to kinda isolate that arm rather than being able to use my entire body for leverage. Then I did 3 sets standing hammer curls with 40's for 15 reps each also. I've always liked the way that hammer curls affect my arms. I think it makes my bicep fuller and gives it overall size.

After those 7 sets of dumbbell curls, I went over to the hammer strength concentration curl machine that uses free weights. I threw a 45 on there and put the seat as low as possible so that i really isolated my bicep. I did 3 sets of 10 but supersetted it with 10 of the same exercise just half reps tho done very quickly. On my way out of the gym, I did single arm cable curls at medium and high height. I did these as burnouts. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to hit backarms, but I will next week though!

Warm-Up

Smith Machine Reverse Bicep Curls Variation

135 lbs - 20 reps

Standing Dumbbell Curls

25lbs - 15 reps
40lbs - 12-15 reps
40lbs - 12-15 reps
40lbs - 12-15 reps
40lbs - 12-15 reps

Standing Hammer Curls

40lbs - 12-15 reps
40lbs - 12-15 reps
40lbs - 12-15 reps

Hammer Strength Concentration Curls

45lbs - 10 reps / 45lbs - 10 reps short|quick ones (super set)
45lbs - 10 reps / 45lbs - 10 reps short|quick ones (super set)
45lbs - 10 reps / 45lbs - 10 reps short|quick ones (super set)

Single Arm Cable Curls - Medium & High

20lbs - burnouts (each arm) Medium
20lbs - burnouts (each arm) Medium
20lbs - burnouts (each arm) High




No comments:

Post a Comment