Thursday, December 8, 2011

DAY 3 DELTS

Wednesday October 26, 2011

I started off doing machine deltoid (shoulder) fly’s. Basically sitting face forward in the machine and lifting my arms until they are about parallel with my shoulders. This burns the hell out of your shoulders if you do the correct amount of weight. If you do too much weight, I use too much momentum and then my shoulders aren’t getting the work they should. I did 5 sets of at least 12 and a couple sets I did about 22 or 23 reps. I kept the weight nice and light /medium so I could really burn the shoulders.

Next I went to the smith machine for good old fashioned shoulder press, but I also grabbed some 20 lb dumbbells so I could do superset them with the shoulder presses. I kept the weight relatively light for shoulder press at 135 lbs. Also, the 20lb dumbbells are medium for shoulder raises, especially after a set of presses. I did 5 supersets in total and the reps varied. I tried to rep out until it burned, not necessarily a number. This has probably been my least intense workout so far. I didn’t feel real good walking into the gym and it kinda showed in my workout. To be real, I think I had a good workout considering I felt like shit when I walked in. (half glass full J)

From the smith machine, I went over to another shoulder press machine that had a different angle than the smith machine. I did 5 quick sets of 12. Medium weight - high reps, my shoulders were burnin’ pretty good…and it was a wrap! Got ready to go back to work.

Shoulder Fly’s – 5 sets 40lbs with various reps

40lbs – 12 reps

40lbs – 15 reps

40lbs – 23 reps

40lbs – 20 reps

40lbs – 17 reps

Smith Machine Shoulder Press Supersets w/ Front and Side Shoulder Raises

135lbs – 12 reps superset w/ Side Raises 20lbs – 10 reps

135lbs – 12 reps superset w/ Side Raises 20lbs – 10 reps

135lbs – 12 reps superset w/ Front Raises 20lbs – 10 reps

135lbs – 12 reps superset w/ Front Raises 20lbs – 10 reps

135lbs – 12 reps superset w/ Side Raises 20lbs – 10 reps

Machine Shoulder Press (different angle than smith machine) 5 sets at 70lbs for 12 reps each

70lbs – 12 reps

70lbs – 12 reps

70lbs – 12 reps

70lbs – 12 reps

70lbs – 12 reps





No comments:

Post a Comment