Thursday, December 8, 2011

DAY 2 CHEST

TUESDAY OCTOBER 25, 2011

Today I couldnt wait to hit the gym! I was pretty hyped to get back and hit my chest. Last night I was reading a flex magazine and read a few articles that were talking about bodybuilders what hurt themselves doing regular flat bench with a barbell. Honestly, that kida surprised me...I'd thought that dumbbells were a little more dangerous because you can get such a deeper stretch and can easily pull or tear your pec(s). Anyway, I know that these articles are great and are coming from people who've been there and done that, oh, and bythe way these guys are HUGE! I like to start my chest workouts with regular flat bench, so I was like, "I'll try something different and see if it works"!

My plan was to warm up my chest and then spend the majority of my time doing flat bench dumbbell press...and I did! I started off by doing 3 sets of un-weighted dips for 12 reps each. After that I went directly to the dumbbells. I started off with 80's for 12 reps. I started a little heavy cause I felt real loose from the dips and I was hyped up to get started. Next I went to 90's for 10 reps. I knocked my first 2 sets out pretty easily and was feeling good. Jumped up to 100's for 8 and then went up to 110's for 6 reps. I felt good but started to struggle on my 5 & 6th rep with the 110's. At this point, I felt like while I was pushing the weight nicely, I wasnt feeling my chest working nearly as much as I did when I was doing the 80's and 90's. So after those 4 sets, I jumped back down to 80's for 12 reps again and then kinda went down the rack. 70's for 12 reps, 60's for 12 reps, 50's for 15 reps and finished it up with 40's for 15 reps! Damn, my chest wsa burnin'. As I dropped the weight, the work I was doing felt like it was digging into mychest so much more!

From dumbbell bench, I was gonna do incline flat bench but some other guy came over right when I was about to start and wanted to work in. Usually I would work in with no problem but because I only have a short period of time to hit em' during lunch, I told him he could have it and I'd go somewhere else...no problem!

I went and got a drink and started looking for the next place to go and ended up at the cable cross over machine. I LOVE CABLES. Its where I'm able to really cut my chest up and create those striations in my chest. Basically, I kinda picked up where I left off doing dumbbell bench and brought the cables close together and put them at mid-chest height. I did 3 sets of 12 with 35 lbs. I usually dont do those but like I said, because I wanted to keep doing a press type exercise, I changed it up. After those 3 sets I lowered the cables and did 3 sets of decline cross-overs with 20 lbs for 12 reps each. I brought it up to the top, increased the weight to 40 and did 3 more sets.

Unfortunately, that was all I had time for and had to get ready to go back to work! Rush Rush Rush to take ashower, get dressed and walk back to the job.

Dips - 3 sets x 12 reps each

not weighted - 12 reps
not weighted - 12 reps
not weighted - 12 reps

Flat Dumbbell Bench Press - 9 sets at various weights and various reps

80 lbs - 12 reps
90 lbs - 10 reps
100 lbs - 8 reps
110 lbs - 6 reps
80 lbs - 12 reps
70 lbs - 12 reps
60 lbs - 12 reps
50 lbs - 15 reps
40 lbs - 15 reps

Cable-Cross Overs - 9 sets (3 low, 3 mid, 3 high)

(chest height - mid)
35 lbs x 12 reps
35 lbs x 12 reps
35 lbs x 12 reps

(chest height - low)

20 lbs x 12 reps
20 lbs x 12 reps
20 lbs x 12 reps

(chest height - high)

40 lbs x 12 reps
40 lbs x 12 reps
40 lbs x 12 reps

No comments:

Post a Comment